Worth a Thousand Words

I love the idea of documenting our d-journey through pictures and while it’s true we have captured a few memorable events on film (or in pixels, rather), unfortunately, there’s just not that much more that’s worth posting beyond what I’ve already shared. So, instead of inundating you with pictures of say, the combined quarter-century worth of kid’s birthday parties, I thought I’d offer those photos that best sum up what I personally find most endearing and important about our journey.

Each, I think, carries nicely a personal sentiment of how it sometimes feels to live life with diabetes. It’s fitting, I think, that only with Lia did I need more than one.

Leap of faith

Subscribe to our e-mail newsletter to receive updates.

7 Responses to Worth a Thousand Words

1. Heidi May 15, 2011 at 1:30 am #

Wonderful photos. I especially enjoyed the series of Lia and the way you ended with her smiling, looking beautiful and happy, as if to personify your blog tagline “raising a child with type 1 diabetes to live life to the fullest.”

2. Vivian May 14, 2011 at 12:31 pm #

Ahh, the ups and downs, the highs, the crazy roughness, the sillyness…All beautiful portrayals. Wonderful post.

3. shannon May 14, 2011 at 11:33 am #

love the pics, and the captions! thanks for sharing. 🙂

4. Mike Hoskins May 14, 2011 at 10:23 am #

Love them, Steve! So awesome to see her living life just the same, no matter what. Great stuff, and for sure worth a thousand plus words many times over. Thanks for sharing these smile-worthy photos!

5. Sysy May 14, 2011 at 9:54 am #

LOL Wonderful pictures! Love all the facial expressions!

6. Joanne May 14, 2011 at 9:35 am #

Cool rafting pic! What river was it taken on? My husband and I used to do a trip every year before I got pregnant with Elise.

Man, I miss it.

7. Reyna May 14, 2011 at 8:37 am #

Made me smile Steve. I have not seen any photos over here before. I wondered what the heck you guys all looked like! Funny how “D” is there…you would never know it in viewing these pix. Have a great w/e.